9 How to Consume
You should consume fresh Spirulina instantly! You can store it in the fridge for 2-4 days (but not recommended).
• Daily recommendation = 7-20 grams
• Since it is almost odourless and tasteless, you can either consume it with or without a meal.
• Do not consume Spirulina if it's not a dark blue-green shade (yellow/white = dead Spirulina).
• Do not consume if it smells weird/funky.
9.1 Consume in Its Pure Form
• For a maximum bioavailability of the nutrients, it is best to consume on an empty stomach. Wait 15 minutes to allow the body a good head start at absorbing these living liquid nutrients. Having to deal with any fibre (solid food) slows down absorption.
[source: Raw Living Spirulina]
9.2 Mix with Your Favourite Dishes
While it can be incorporated with anything, heated dishes are not recommended. The process of heating kills nutrients. The more raw, the better!
• Spirulina is at its nutritional best when freshly harvested. At this stage, it is also almost odourless and tasteless and can be mixed with any beverage or food.
🥗 Meal Examples
• Overnight oatmeal
• Acai bowl
• Open sandwich